Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Hi, I'm New!!

After lots of thought and consideration of format and forum, I've finally decided to put "something" out on the www. Scary!! (Hey, I was talking about for me. . . )

So, why do I all of the sudden have writer's block?? I've no idea. Ok, maybe just a little inkling: it seems to me once you put something on the web, it may be there forever. Like some pseudo, amateur form of publishing or something. I'm not sure I'm ready for that level of committment (or expectation) but I'm just going to post when I can and see what happens.

How's this for typical: It's almost 9:00 p.m. on the 4th of July and we're just getting around to grilling some steaks and setting up chairs in the backyard to try and catch a glimpse of the fireworks show of AJHS. The dogs are trying to settle, but they are ill-at-ease with the M-80s going off around us.

I've been grouchy today because I don't feel good, but we still went to the mall to walk laps around it (free aire acondicionado - yes!) and then we hung out in the bookstore for a couple of hours. The books I looked at consisted of: Baby Bargains (sheer interest, not dropping hints), magazine writing, writing from home as a career, and instruction on icing cakes. Michel's were on fly fishing, fly tying, and how to tie knots for fishing. Our interests are obvious, but we did manage to get out of there without buying a single thing - not a small feat, I assure you.
 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs