Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"Look, this is a copycat, okay?"

On August 30th, my hubby will be 31. He's such a superstar and I really enjoy our life together. In honor of him, I'm joining the ranks of copycats everywhere and doing a "My Man" post - so, here it is:
ABOUT MY MAN:

Who is your man? Michelangelo

How long have you been together? 13 years, 3 months

Dating/Engaged/Married? we dated for 2 years 4 months, wrote while on missions for 2.5 years, were engaged for 6 months, and will be married for 8 years in September

How old is your man? turning 31, but somehow lives in the land of (almost) perpetual youth

Who eats more? it depends on how hungry either of us are. I can match Michel food item for food item most times. Sadly, his metabolism is better . . .

Who said "I love you" first? Michel did, on our 3rd or 4th date. I tried to make myself say it back, but couldn't. After a few weeks of this, he was about to break up with me, and I said it just in time!

Who weighs more? Michel (but not by much)

Who sings better? Publicly, Michel's got it hands down. But my own (private) solos are also pretty fun

Who's Older? Michel - by only 58 days

Who's smarter? Michel would say I am, but he's pretty witty and analytical. Either way, we have great conversations.

Whose temper is worse? mine - though he runs a close second

Who does the laundry? mostly me, but he throws a load in every now and again

Who does the dishes? it's pretty equal. Michel's great at washing things by hand. Me, not so much-the dishwasher is my friend!

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? me

Whose feet are bigger? Michel's

Whose hair is longer? right now: mine

Who's better with the computer? fixing computers: Michel using the internet: me

Who mows the lawn? Michel's the king of the yard work domain

Who pays the bills? me

Who cooks dinner? mostly me

Who drives when you are together? we trade off. I feel badly about Michel's long commute, so I offer a lot.

Who pays when you go out to dinner? mostly me. though a lot of times I'll say "it's your turn!" I've gotta try Jen's trick of leaving my wallet at home when we go out together.

Who's the most stubborn? me

Who is the first one to admit when they're wrong? see the previous question and make a guess! (hint: it's Michel)

Whose parents do you see more? We both need to see our parents more often than we do.

Who kissed who first? Michel definitely made the first move (with a confidence that scared the crap out of me, frankly).

Who asked who out? It was a group effort, really. Michel's best friend Andre dialed the phone, Michel asked for my sister Trina to break the ice, and then eventually got around to asking for me and asking me out.

What did you do? Michel and Joe (Carlson) picked me up in Joe's bug. I think we ate somewhere, picked up the ex-girlfriend of a mutual friend, then went to see Ace Ventura at the dollar theater, and then drove around and held hands. Unless that was our second date. (We went on double dates for our first 3 dates - and it gets hard to remember what was who and who was when.)

Who's more sensitive? Me. But, Michel does pretty well, considering he grew up with 7 older brothers. (I'm still trying to convince him I'm a girl, not a little brother.)

Who has more friends? I think we both have the same amount of friends. And after 13+ years together, we have a lot of mutual friends. We both pick a few good ones and hold onto them.

Who has more siblings? Michel has 7 brothers; I have 2 sisters and a brother.

Who wears the pants in the relationship? It's like the marriagehood of the traveling pants - the pants go back and forth.

**Wonderful little "extras" about my man (I made this category up): Michel makes me laugh often; Michel likes to go shopping; He makes up goofy lyrics to songs on the radio; He's always up to going and doing something fun; He's a good man and my best friend.

[Title quote is from the TV show "Psych"]

1 comment:

Jen said...

okay i just commented so if it shows up twice it is my computer's fault!!
That was a fun post! I loved the extras at the end! Way to copy!!

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs