Monday, October 29, 2007

"I may be just a small-town FBI agent slash single mother, but I'm still tough... and sexy."

OK, all you SAHMs - I need your help on this one. I tend to have days (like today, for instance) when I just don't want to go to work! I think it's partly because today was a Monday and after a weekend with M, I miss him when I have to go to work on Mondays. But I also think it's something else - some combination of lack of desire, laziness, and reluctance - especially when it hits me on say, a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. That said, once I get to work, it's not all that bad. I actually like it. Mostly. Sometimes?

HOWEVER, lately, my ultimate "career" goal is to become a SAHM, at least part-time, maybe even full-time. My big concern with this goal: are there going to be days as a SAHM when I "don't want to go to work"? Do you have days like that?? Where you think "what did I get myself into?" or "boy, this job stinks sometimes!"????

(And, ladies, for the sake of my already fragile sanity, please be honest!)

[Title quote is from "Austin Powers in Goldmember"]

5 comments:

Kristine said...

I would say a big fat YES. SOme days I don't want to be a SAHM. Some days I'd rather be on a cruise. But on those days its always good to know that I can be lazy and not get dressed and do minimum hosework and decide what is the least amount of rules I am willing to enforce and I take a vacation day, well some what vacation. We'll even have cereal for dinner.

Caroline said...

Ummm, YES. There's tons of days when I wish I could just escape and talk to big people. . .but that's what computers and phones are for. . .and neighbors. It's always good to have that one good neighbor that knows you just need to sit on her couch for a bit. Being a SAHM has its ups and downs, just like anything else. But it's a great job, I wouldn't trade it for anything. . .most days.

Jen said...

are you kidding me!! Of course you have those days! That is when we have "jammie day" at my house! I am a big fan of jammie day. There are days I call Eliott and offer to trade him. But in the end, this is the most rewarding job there is. It is the best job in the world and I would recommend it to anyway. Take for instance... On a bad day at my "job" I have a sweet 2 year old that will come up and hug me just because she can tell it is a bad day. Does your boss do that? most likely not (and if they do you can get alot of money!!) The point is, you would be weird if you didn't have those days but you will love your job more than you could imagine! That is all!! Oh and I say "go for it!!"

Nichole said...

This text is copied and posted in full from my SIL Brittney's answer on FaceBook:
"Yeah I haven't got on facebook in a while, and they have added all kinds of cute stuff. I hope you had a great birthday! I read your post about being a stay at home mom. Does that mean that you and Michel are getting serious about trying? And in answer to your post, I love being a stay at home mom, but I am looking into becoming a loan officer so I can still stay at home and make decent money. The only thing about being strictly a SAHM is that I feel like my brain is turning to mush. I don't really have anything to really mentally stimulate me. Thats another reason I would like to become a loan officer, because I love math. Don't get me wrong though it is SOOO rewarding to be with my babies all the time, because I wouldn't be able to stand the thought of someone else raising my kids. But in answer to your question about getting lazy at home, yes it still happens, especially when you bust your butt cleaning and you have kids running around behind you messing things up. :) "

trina said...

soooo sorry i haven't posted on this sooner... heck yes there are "those days" but luckily K just started school ALL day and i'm close to graduating. before all that i'd complain to B that i NEVER got to call in sick and when he called in he actually got to stay in bed!! all i have to say is that it doesn't last, but you should have a contract w/ M for you to be able to call in sick and he can take a day off to take care of the kiddos!

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs