Monday, October 1, 2007

"Close your eyes and pretend it’s a bad dream -- that’s how I get by."

So. . . migraine headaches suck! I've been home with one most of the day. The meds I took knocked me out for about 1.5 hours, and I've felt dizzy and weak ever since. But, the pounding on the left side of my head has at least gone away.

Ever have those days where things seem to be spiraling out of control? In addition to the migraine, my laundry is piling up, both sides of my sink are overflowing with dishes, the dogs need baths, my coffee table is cluttered, stacks of papers/mail/bills are everywhere, my garage is half torn up in the name of "reorganization", and I don't feel well enough to do anything about any of it.

At times like these, I have to look on the bright side because otherwise I'll become overwhelmed and neurotic. Since I don't need any help in those areas, I just pray to keep perspective and look on the bright side: we made it to church yesterday where M taught a great 5th Sunday lesson that I helped him with, and at least my bills are paid. Thus, the most important things are done. In the meantime, the piles and piles of stuff around the house will eventually either take us over or we'll tackle them one by one. Life is SOOOO fun!

[Title quote is from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End]

1 comment:

Jen said...

That second paragraph describes my week! don't ya love stuff like that!! I hoe you are doing better and get your stuff done! then you can come do mine!!

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs