Friday, February 8, 2008

"You've got an overdeveloped sense of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble someday."

So, remember how I had this big grudge that I finally let go of and was trying to find a way to pop back in to a certain person's life? No? Take a look at the historical documents.

Got it? OK.

So, after months of spying, I've learned a few things. She's married. With kids. She likes to read. She's very into politics. Her mission was a very formative time in her life. She talks about it often. She loves Jane Austen. And other little tidbits, like we have a couple things in common.

And, after months of spying, I've also come to a decision. I don't like her. Since I know inquisitive bloggers will want to know, my reasons are:
1) she's a little sanctimonious
2) she's a name-dropper
3) she's kind of pretentious

Which are really all just variations of the same thing: snobbery. Which I'm not a big fan of. Major turnoff. You know what it really comes down to is I'm just not a big fan of her.

So. That's that. I'll just have to deal with the fact that there are some people, even former mission companions that I was "supposed" to love, that I will never in fact love, like, get along with, or ever speak to again.

And I'm fine with that.

So, I made a command decision and now she's been summarily removed from my blogroll.

Oh, I'll continue to spy. What she doesn't know. . . well you know. That's the glory of the internet. Go me.

[Title quote is from "The Princess Bride"]

2 comments:

hayngrl101 said...

I just have to tell you, I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog... you're so freakin' cool.

On this particular topic, I have had the same experience a few times myself, for virtually the same reasons. I can't stand snobbery... there is just something refreshing about being able to let it all hang out and wear the same face no matter who I'm with. (except that I DO find it difficult to tell a snob she is one). Anyway... hope school is going well for ya (you're still in grad school, right?)

Jen said...

love it! glad you came to a decision. and I love the blog world simply for the fact that I can spy on people that I don't necessarily want to talk to. It is great!!

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs