Thursday, March 6, 2008

"The story of our life, in the end, is not our life, it is our story."

1. Where did you meet? We met in high school. I joined Mr. Matheson's ceramics class because my sister T was in there. I noticed M almost right away. I thought he had a cute butt. He must have felt the same about me, because once he figured out I was T's sister, he asked about me nonstop. We talked for the whole semester in that class. And flirted. And generally danced around our mutual like, as teenagers are prone to do.


2. What was the first thing you said to him? M says he thinks I said "I like you". HA HA! I may have looked easy, but my daisy dukes lied - I was really shy and more modest than those dukes let on! I have no idea what I actually said. Guess we'll never know.

3. Where was your first date? We went with our friend Joe in his yellow bug to go pick up (and console) an ex-girlfriend of our mutual friend Jason. We saw Ace Ventura: Pet Detective in the dollar theater. We held hands while Joe drove crazy on the 60. Electricity, people, electricity!

4. Where was your first kiss? On our third date, after our "group" (Stuart) went home. It was at Edison elementary under the trees near the softball field - across the street from M's house. He totally made the first move!

5. How long did you date? We dated. . . June 1994 to March 1999 - almost 5 years?

6. Where did you get engaged? In my grandfather's red suburban. I didn't have a car. Or a job. And I wasn't released from my mission yet. He was on spring break. I had just told him that I didn't feel like I should return to my mission - I was supposed to stay in AZ to get married or something. He resisted. Then he prayed. Then he asked. We set a date for 6 months from that date.

7. When were you married? 6 months and 1 day from the day we got engaged. Thursday, September 23, 1999.

8. How did your reception go? It was the best time I've ever had at a wedding reception! I danced the "Tootsie Roll" in my wedding dress. We also did the funky chicken -and so on.

9. How was your honeymoon? We went to Solana Beach. It was fabulous! Thus began our long love affair with SoCal and the SD beaches and vacation rentals. We've gone back to SD every year since. We were asked to dinner when we went to church on Sunday. We met lovely people. We slept a lot. We went to Disneyland. We practiced snorkeling in the pool of the resort. We brought our textbooks because we were in the middle of a semester, but I don't think we studied even once.


10. I TAG. . . Doc, T, Jen

[Title quote is from "Americano"]


3 comments:

The MomBabe said...

so fun! I kissed someone at Edison elementary once. But it wasn't my husband....

Trina said...

aaawwwww!

Jen said...

i love this one! i need to find some pictures so i can post them w/ the tag. so don't worry i will get to it!!

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs