Sunday, April 13, 2008

"I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it!"


5 years ago I was ...
at ASU, studying my head off in some English class or another; taking classes with M since his major was my minor; working at Goldberg & Osborne part-time; living next to the best neighbors EVER!

5 months ago I was ...
working at the City; just becoming normal again (according to M) after my ectopic pregnancy; dealing with fraud on my checking account; figuring out what to do about Thanksgiving; delaying M's start of classes until January

5 hours ago I was ...
coming home from eating dinner at BJ's and from perusing the golf stuff at Sports Authority. (who knew my husband was such a golf fanatic??? - not watching, of course. just playing)

5 minutes ago I was ...
typing a blog post; thinking I should really really really be getting to bed; listening to my dog licking herself and wondering what she's still doing up and wondering if she's wondering the same thing about me

5 recent pieces of mail I've received:
crap, junk, personalized wedding gift I ordered for a friend, crap, weekly coupon mailer (still waiting on my SRP bill to show)

5 things I would do if I became a billionaire:
buy another house; pay off debt; invest; travel around Europe for about 6 months; help my family with whatever they needed

5 of my bad habits:
thinking too much; picking at acne; procrastinating; staying up too late on weekends; failing to check the air pressure in my tires regularly

5 good memories:
getting married to M; graduating from ASU; eating papaya and bananas on the lanai of our rental in Kona; dancing in a circle with my siblings and Mom at my sister's wedding; any time I've sat on the grass at Del Mar beach, written in my journal and looked out at the ocean

5 films I watch over and over again:
Pride & Prejudice, Zoolander, LOTR, 50 First Dates - that's all I can think of for now. . . mostly because I watch nearly every movie I own over and over and over

5 places I've lived:
Fresno, CA; Mesa, AZ; somewhere in Texas; and various other places for a week or two at a time

5 songs I love:
all the songs on the Garden State soundtrack

5 jobs I've had:
daycare teacher at ChildTime; bank teller at Wells Fargo; busser at Mike's; office manager at G&O; executive legal assistant at the City

5 things most people don't know about me:
I can pull my thumbs backward toward my wrists and make them touch; I am naturally suspicious; I'm learning not to be so uptight about things that don't really matter; I hoarde books but can't stand to be a packrat of anything else; I have only small, erratic moments of self-discipline

5 things in my virtual shopping bags:
books - about web publishing, about Hawaiian history/culture, and also Sophie Kinsella's newest and various other novels

5 books I love to death:
the Shopaholic series, Undomestic Goddess, Dandelion Wine, Bless Me Ultima, Their Eyes Were Watching God

5 things that are out of place around my house:
the laundry basket that is half full and sitting on the recliner; 4 8x10 picture frames next to me on the loveseat; the stack of mail on the kitchen counter; the dogs' bedding still in the dryer; old golf clubs in the new golf club box leaned up against the wall

5 films I want to see:
Leatherheads, Ladyhawk (oldie recommended to me), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, The Spiderwick Chronicles, and The Business of Being Born

5 things I love to eat:
fruit; ice cream; cake; tortillas; salad

5 destinations I'm dying to see:
Greece (cities), Germany (castles), Italy (art), Galapagos Islands (animals), England (countryside)

5 scents I love:
freshly mowed grass; clean laundry; babies (clean variety); M; mom's perfume

5 people (who are not blood relations or in-laws) who have had a positive impact on my life:
the Beatsons (mission president and mission mom); Kae Knight (high school english teacher); Rasmussen, Shea, Kelley, and Nelson (mission companions); the Pouloses (long story about a great marriage - I'll tell it some day); Jen & Eliott {yes I know this is more than 5 - aren't I lucky?}

[Title quote is from "Office Space"]

4 comments:

Jonathan & Katherine Earl said...

Fascinating! This was a fun blog to read. I am guilty of constantly looking on everyone else's blog for something new but not adding anything new to my own...I just can't think of anything "blog-worthy". You've inspired me to think creatively. I'm also guilty of looking at the blogs but not commenting...I can't think of anything clever to say...I will try to amend my ways.
--Katherine

Jen said...

i like this one! in fact i think i might do it!! and oddly enough we were living next to the best neighbors ever 5 years ago too!! what a small world!!! wonder if they know each other!!

Kristine said...

Thats really vute info to know. Especially about the best neighbors ever. I hope I'm included in that group.

Kimberly said...

What a brilliant meme...great way to learn more about my new compatriot/partner in crime.

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs