Friday, June 13, 2008

"Nobody move! I dropped me brain!"

Hello people! This is not an official return. I think.

I just wanted to stop by and say that my absence has helped me gain some perspective. That's been a hoped-for benefit.

But I'm still in a creative funk. Even journal-wise. I can't seem to pull it together - mostly because there are too many other things pulling at me. Still too many demands, and my brain feels overwhelmed. Stacks of laundry, M's schoolwork, dishes, dirty house, work, exercise, every. day. life. All there waiting for me to do.

I'm trying to get back. I promise.

[Title quote is from "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End"]

6 comments:

Jonathan & Katherine Earl said...

I miss reading your blog...I hope all returns to normal (or at least to a calmer level of existence) at your house. I feel a bit the same way...every day it seems like there is just a bunch of "stuff" to do. Yesterday I decided it was time to take a few hours to just do what I wanted to do, so I scrapbooked part of last summer's pictures. Today I am tackling the Christmas photos...I figure if I get several "must-do's" done in the morning, then I can have a little time to enjoy the summer. Anyway, I hope to see new blogs from you soon! --Katherine

Kimberly said...

We'll be here when you do. Maybe you just need to take the summer off? Give yourself what -you- need and wait till you feel rejuvenated and fresh again. =)

I've found the blog every other day thing has helped prevent me from burning out as often as I used to, but I've still a ways to go in finding the right balance.

Miss you though!

Jen said...

I miss you!

Danielle said...

I kept hoping you were just kidding about a blog break. I always enjoy your posts, even if I don't comment much. But I'll be here, waiting, should you return. :)

Michelle said...

I read this quote the other day, "backing up in its various forms is what ensures progression!" You just do what's best for you! You're amazing!

Trina said...

i came to this blog over and over again part out of habit and part cuz i sat hopeful that u'd post something. sadly i stopped checking until today and am happy that u have posted.

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs