Monday, July 14, 2008

"So, what's your sign?"


I'm feeling pretty. . . what's the word? Oh, yes: exhausted. I don't feel like I've had much time for introspection lately.
But, on the bright side of things, I'm still learning more about myself every day. Yesterday I had the strongest desire to just be good, to do good, to do what I should be doing.
Anywhoo. I've been sitting on this one for a while. And now's as good a time as any to bring up this most randomest aspect of my personality.
I'm completely kind of obsessed with zodiac signs. I say "kind of" because I'm not really big on horoscopes, which can really throw some people (i.e. the really really zodiac obsessed types) off and make them call me names like 'poser'.
Me? I have an uncanny ability to study a person in a social setting, get a feel for their personality, and be able to peg their "sign" right on. It's an amazing, if not mildly entertaining, party trick. I'm not always right. It's just something I do for amusement.
But. It's sometimes more than that. Sometimes it borders on the aforementioned obsession.
Like, I'll watch someone and think "I wonder what they are". I'll read certain blogs or become acquainted with certain blogosphere friends and find myself going "hmmmm. I wonder if they are a [fill in sign here]?"
Can you all just please put me out of my misery and claim yourselves??? Tell me your sign so I don't have to wonder. I promise I won't judge you by it. I just have to know! For serious!
[Title quote is from "Harry and the Hendersons"]

13 comments:

Kimberly said...

Leo!

And you are so cute.

Trina said...

ur are sooo funny!

Jen said...

too funny!
pices

Jen said...

or i could spell it right and say pisces!

Danielle said...

You have to guess first.

Jonathan & Katherine Earl said...

That's too easy because you already know my birthday :)
-Jon-

hayngrl101 said...

Id be curious to see what sign you THOUGHT I was... I'm libra.

Michelle said...

I'm with you on this one! I'm a people watcher too! I love learning about the different personality types- I'm a Leo (first of Aug). The challenge & the goal is to take on a few qualities of each sign and learn to relate with others or just drive people crazy who are really trying to guess!!

Kristine said...

How about this, you guess and list reasons why and I'll tell you... it woiuld be interesting to know if my personality follows my sign.

the MomBabe said...

Aries, obviously.

Nichole said...

OK.

KIM is a Leo (I probably would've guessed Virgo, and would've been wrong).

TRINA is my Sagittarius sistah.

JEN is a Pisces! Seriously, I love me some fish.

DANIELLE is. . . an Aquarius. No, I'm not sure, but that's my guess.

JON is a fellow Scorpio; his wife KATHERINE is a Pisces.

HAYNGRL is a Libra (again, not sure I would have guessed that. Libra is off my radar. They're kind of hard to figure).

MICHELLE is a Leo.

If I remember correctly, KRISTINE is also a Libra - because she claims to have not a creative bone in her body, but she always finds a way.

And I already knew MOMBABE was an Aries. Mostly because I'm shocked I can get along with someone of that sign. (wonder of the internet, isn't it?) Aries and Gemini - we tangle we do.

ANYONE else???

Danielle said...

Sorry-- I'm a Leo. Though in my very thorough internet search I'm not sure I sound like one. Maybe my mom got my birthday wrong. :P

Kimberly said...

Hee hee...I've been labelled as a Virgo before and while I'm not on the cusp, I'm close-ish (Aug. 19th).

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs