Thursday, July 24, 2008

"The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again . . ."


I'm SO having this kind of month. I WISH I was kidding.

I'm feeling overwhelmed by all there is to do. Shall I list it all for you?

DAILIES:
~cook
~feed dogs
~bathe self
~make bed
~homework/research/blogging (choose one)
~dishes
~water trees
~stare at dirty house, cuz that's a "monthly"
~battle with trying to get to sleep and stay asleep
~feel extremely tired. like extremely

WEEKLIES:
~get groceries
~try to find a spot of time to spend together
~plan trip
~church
~run 3 times
~pay bills
~put aluminum foil up in the window in attempt to block out light
~have FHE
~call mom
~call sisters
~call brother
~blasted homework!
~stare at dirty house, and start to think it should be a "weekly," but when!?

MONTHLIES:
~
~

You know what? I'm really too tired to finish the list. Which situation, oddly enough, bears an uncanny resemblance to real life.

I'm so tired I can barely see straight. And I'm beginning to beat myself up for the lack of journal writing, the 2 loads of laundry that need to be done, the lack of running this week, the floor that needs to be vacuumed, the dogs. . . . you get the idea. . .

Thank GOD tomorrow's Friday. Maybe I'll get some rest and be able to redeem this languid, utterly "blah" month this Saturday. Yeah. I know. That's a lot of pressure to put on one single, solitary Saturday. But, seriously people! I'm running out of options here!

[Title quote is from "The Jerk"]

3 comments:

the MomBabe said...

{hugs}

Let's blame it on the weather. It's too hot to do anything but lounge around the pool eating popsicles.

Jonathan & Katherine Earl said...

I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. It's tough to not feel overwhelmed by everything going on in life. --Katherine

Jen said...

What a sad day! Hopefully your saturday turns into all you hope it to be!

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs