Monday, January 12, 2009

"When was the last time you were decently kissed? I mean, truly, truly good and kissed?"

While we're on the topic of kissing, given that I'm such a nut about movies I started thinking about what the top 10 movie kisses are.

I Googled it. And promptly found other people's compilations. Like this one from Associated Content, and this one from Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, and this one from MatchFlick.

And what kind of movie nut would I be if I didn't head to YouTube to look some of these scenes up? I found this one, and this one, and I really liked this one. (Oh and I discovered that Losties are divided into two camps when it comes to kissing, but more on that later.)

Phew! That was a lot of (meaningless) research! I even found out there are websites that instruct you how to kiss and offer instructional DVDs for sale and, more importantly I think, that there are actually fanclubs for movie couples. . .


See what I mean?

I also discovered that my husband's favorite type of movie kiss is the one that happens just after an on-screen couple have been separated for a period of time. (Say it with me: awwww!)

After all that, I have come out on the other side having devised our very own 'Top 11 Best Movie Kisses' list.

Here's it is, in no particular order:


The Whole Wide World
between Bob (Vincent D'Onofrio) and Novalyne (Renee Zellweger)

Spider-Man
between Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) and Mary Jane (Kirsten Dunst)

The Princess Bride
between Westley (Cary Elwes) and Buttercup (Robin Wright)


Munich
between Avner (Eric Bana) and Daphna (Ayelet Zurer)
Love Actually
between Aurelia (Lucia Moniz) and Jamie (Colin Firth)

LOTR: The Return of the King
between Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen) and Arwen (Liv Tyler)

The Lake House
between Kate (Sandra Bullock) and Alex (Keanu Reeves)

Meet Joe Black
between Joe (Brad Pitt) and Susan (Claire Forlani)

The Fifth Element
between Leeloo (Milla Jovovich) and Korben (Bruce Willis)

From Here to Eternity
between Milton (Burt Lancaster) and Karen (Deborah Kerr)

Cruel Intentions
between Sebastian (Ryan Phillipe) and Annette (Reese Witherspoon)

Oh my gosh! That took waaaaay too long. And it's not even done. We have a 'Top 11' list! Who does that!? But now I don't know which to cut. Which would you cut?

Better yet. . . which would you add?


[Title quote is from "That Thing You Do"]

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Nice list... not that I've seen all of those movies though. But I have to respectfully disagree with The Lake House. Keanu Reeves reminds me of a guy I kissed IRL. I was barely 16 and almost lost my dinner over it. Now I can't stand anything with Keanu Reeves. Clearly I have issues though.

I do remember the kissing scene in One Fine Day being something to remember. But that's probably just because George is hot-- for an old guy anyway.

Salena said...

My favorite part of the movie!
Those are some good ones!
I'll have to add a few of my favorites:
-Keira Knightly and Johnny Depp in The 2nd Pirates movie.
-James McAvoy and Christina Ricci in Penelope
-Patrick Dempsey and Michelle Monaghan in Made of Honor (the bar scene)
-and my favorite: Rachel Mcadams and Ryan Gosling in the Notebook

Trina said...

one movie w/ lots of good kisses seeing as they are apart and keep coming back together is a lot like love... also, ever after. two of my favorite movies ever! there are waaaay too many movie kisses to count!

myimaginaryblog said...

I haven't seen all of these and hadn't remembered the kisses from some I *had* seen, but the first one one the list made it a winner for me. GREAT choice. 2nd choice is pretty great, too.

I love the very end of the Ciaran Hinds version of Persuasion, but I can't remember if there's a quiet chaste kiss or if he just takes her hand.

I'll have to think about this some more.

(Oh, and I'm here because I was surfing Mormon Mommy Blogs and we're both "thoughtful women," (which, while I don't really know how I got placed there, I'll gladly take over other categories I could have ended up in.)

myimaginaryblog said...

The first one *on* the list, I mean.

Miranda said...

I agree with Salena- you forgot 'The Notebook' kiss. Timeless!

Nichole said...

I like all your suggestions! I have to go back and watch the One Fine Day kisses. A Lot Like Love and Ever After. . . yes and yes!

I had The Notebook on here, then took it off. The more I watched it, the more I hated the way her mouth is all gapey from yelling right before he kisses her. Turned me off enough to take it off my list. . . Sorry Notebook fans!
Also, sorry Danielle to have drudged up bad memories. . . hope you didn't throw up in your mouth a little.

Cindy said...

Good list. I just saw Seven Pounds the other night!! Theres a pretty steamy kiss there too!! My husand and I even talked about as we drove home that night. You left out the kiss in the English Patient!!!

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs