Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"You got a banana, you don't need no snack pack."


I hate that hungry place that happens between breakfast and lunch. Since I loathe getting stranded there, I usually try to have some sort of snack on hand: yogurt, fruit, trail mix. . . Today, it was a banana, which I deftly slipped into my purse as I left the house and which deftly slipped itself out of my purse when I got out of my car at work and which I daftly stepped on without knowing what it was or how it got there. No sense crying over mashed bananas, no matter how frustrating.

Thank goodness for my Circle K run last week, which involved the purchase of crumb donettes, chocolate milk, Cheezits and trail mix (because that's what happens when I get stranded between breakfast and lunch with nary a snack on hand). And since I ate all the junk food first, this morning's snack was trail mix instead of a banana.

No matter. I ate a nectarine for my afternoon snack, which is a new addition to my day since I've been gestating.

And now, I'm off for some ice water.

P.S. if you're looking for regular updates about The Great Gestation, I keep those on a private blog. If you'd like to be invited, let me know.

[Title quote is from "Billy Madison"]

4 comments:

Jen said...

sorry about your banana! and um hello... of course i wanna be invited to the growing fetus blog!!

Miranda said...

Ooh, Ooh- can I be invited?!?!

The Sartori's said...

whoa, I know I have been MIA for awhile, (the death of my blog is proof) So YEAH for you for being preggers!

come join the group at whattoexpect.com It is from the author of what to expect when you're expecting. There are boards for the month you are due as well as a huge community. I am a featured blogger there, I wrote about being pregnant now I write about the babies. (This blog is the reason for the death of my other blog.) It is a great support group and you get daily emails from the site telling you what your baby is doing and developing as you progress.

congrats!

hayngrl101 said...

I would like an invite to your private blog!!

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs