Friday, November 13, 2009

"So now every time a new baby is born, its first laugh becomes a fairy."

I am coming to you from the grasping, clutching reaches of fatigue to report that our baby boy arrived on 11-9-09.
He weighed 8 pounds, 9 ounces and was 22 inches long at birth.
His name is C and we are alternatively enamored and smitten with him.
The only sadness of the matter is that as the hours pass he will get bigger and will change before my very eyes.
I want like 10 of him.
Sleep deprivation is getting the better of me. . . so that'll have to do it for now.
No joke. I can barely keep my eyes open.

[Title quote is from "Peter Pan"]

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Congratulations! I've been wondering where you've been, hoping you were enjoying a "babymoon" with a wee one! And I love his name. Different, yet very strong and masculine. Impressive!

Jen said...

isn't it the best! the only okay thing about them getting bigger, is you love it just as much! Such an amazing gift we are given. I can't wait to meet him! hope all is well!!

salena said...

Congrats!

Jonathan and Katherine Earl said...

So excited for you two! What a fun and exhausting adventure. Be sure to take lots of pictures since he will change so much!

Kellye Wilcox said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the world of motherhood a very crazy, funfilled, wild adventure! The toughest job you will ever LOVE! Lots of love goes out to you!

The Sartori's said...

I have never met you, talked to you or seen you. I have only come to know you through the blog and my heart still jumped when I read this. There is nothing sweeter, more satisfying or worthwhile then a baby. I honestly couldn't be happier for you.

As for the bittersweet of them growing, every stage is my favorite and I have to console myself and my tears with the reminder that we have to let go of the good to make room for the great. As wonderful as it is now, it only gets better. Congrats.

Kalli Ko said...

He's a biggun! Happy congrats to you!!

Mormon Mommy Blogs said...

Congratulations!

Kimberly said...

So, so thrilled for you!

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs