Monday, March 29, 2010

"What we think of as fate is just two neuroses knowing that they are a perfect match."

Some of you may be wondering why or how my husband’s homework becomes a group project. It’s for a couple of reasons on both sides.

His:

1) I type faster.

2) My brain works more quickly.

3) It’s easier for him to dictate text to me while I type.

4) We get done faster.

Mine:

1) We get done faster.

2) I’ve been writing papers since the invention of cuneiform. (OK, okay – only since I was 16. Gosh!) The point is I’ve had a lot (a lah-ohht) of practice.

3) I secretly get excited about taking a blank page (in Word) and making something out of it.

4) I love the puzzle of putting research pieces together in a logical form. I also love similar projects at work for the same reason. I’m sick like that.

5) It is in my best interest to help him finish school.

There you have it.

That's why even though he is going to school, we always have homework!

[Title quote is from "Sleepless in Seattle"]

1 comment:

Trina said...

was thinkin about that the other day when i remembered petra bailey asked me why michel's homework comes in sounding like you, lol

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs