Friday, May 7, 2010

"It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right."

One day last week, in panicked desperation, I called my friend L and begged her to tell me I’m not the only new mommy that’s utterly exhausted, that I’m not the only one who feels she doesn’t have it all together. Writing about it on my other blog just wasn’t cathartic enough. I needed a lifeline to another soldier in the trenches of caring for an infant. L obliged me, and reassured me that not only does she also feel exhausted, but that the exhaustion mingles with feelings of being overwhelmed. It helped me feel a little less alone in this crazy, sleep-deprived battle we wage.

This mother’s day marks the first that I am officially a member of the Marmy (mommy army), as exhausted as all of us may be. In honor of the day, I want to share the mommy blogs I read regularly that inspire me. So, in honor of Mother's Day, here are some Marmy members I keep in my Google Reader as digital lifelines:

NieNie Dialogues – Stephanie mothers with her whole soul

Leaves with Tree; You with Me – Emily Anne delights in the small, everyday moments

My Life as a Kalli – Kalli keeps it real every day (sweatpants and all)

c jane – Courtney strikes an enviable balance between writing and mommying

Family Volley - Heather shares her learning and answers my most burning parenting questions

my happy little life - Kelly works hard at making her happy little life a beautiful one

I seriously ♥ these blogs!

[Title quote is from "Spiderman 3"]

2 comments:

Heather Johnson said...

Nichole, Thank you so much for your kind words. i am pretty sure you just made my Mother's Day weekend. I am so glad that Family Volley provides you with information that is helpful.
I have also really enjoyed getting to know you better through reading your blog, and I love, love, love your movie quotes. I try to guess where they are from each day before I get to the bottom of the post. I look forward to your comments every day.
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. You are right, it is impossible to put into words, what it feels like to be a mother.
Thanks again.

Kalli Ko said...

motherhood rocks right?

I like being in this club with you.

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs