Saturday, May 8, 2010

"You think too much of me, kid. I'm not that clever."

10 things I learned from my mother that I still do {or am trying to be better at} and hope to teach my kids:

- Make your bed. In the morning. Every morning.
- Dinner isn’t complete without vegetables as a side dish.
- Pick up after yourself. Especially shoes. No one likes to trip over shoes.
- Bargain shop and cost compare at the grocery store.
- Be creative. Find new ways to do what you have to do.
- Eat dinner as a family as often as possible. Without TV.
- Be resourceful. Look around you for solutions to everyday problems.
- Keep lots of fresh fruit in the house. Kids won’t feel deprived on the snack front and it may just save you trips to the dentist.
- Work hard and take pride in what you do.
- Real love means you kiss on the lips.


[Title quote is from "The Godfather"]

No comments:

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs