Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"Don't tell me. The offside rule is when the French mustard has to be between the teriyaki sauce and the sea salt."


For D:
Spinach-egg-muffin sandwiches: A recipe*

5 eggs, beaten
20 spinach leaves, chopped
1/4 med. onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
6 multigrain english muffins, toasted and buttered
1 avocado, sliced
yield: 6 sandwiches

Mix together eggs, spinach, onion and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you're like me (don't be), pour the mixture into a hot pan sprayed with olive oil and cook on medium low heat until egg mixture "sets". Or, be not-like-me and pour the mixture into egg forms (fancy!) or a muffin tin (as pictured above) and bake.

Add cheese on top of the egg mixture, let egg mixture cook until it sets, then flip it over (if in skillet - I have no idea what to tell you about egg mixture in the muffin tins).

Cook thoroughly, then assemble eggs on muffins and top with avocado. Eat it up (so good!).

*I made this recipe off-the-cuff (believe it or not coming from the I-must-cook-from-recipes woman) so all amounts are approximate. Like, really approximate. Plus, I only had 5 eggs left in my fridge.

[Title quote is from "Bend It Like Beckham"]

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Oh thank you, thank you!! I am going try this. It sounds delicious!

P.S. I'm totally a skillet cooker. I hate washing muffin pans. :P

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs