Friday, February 4, 2011

"Mayhaps you desire to - SQUIRREL!"

So, here's the thing. Life is, by definition, essentially insane for absolutely no good reason lately. Do you ever have one of those Januarys (Januaries?)? Because seriously, 1-11 almost had me calling 9-11.

We started house hunting, found THE house, lost THE house, then picked ourselves up and started all over again.

My baby suddenly got old enough to start climbing on furniture and tall enough to start grabbing things off tables and counters and smart enough to start climbing on furniture and grabbing stuff we pushed out of his reach on tables and counters.

The Cold of Christmas 2010 hung around overlong so much that I now don't know if I have allergies or a wicked stubborn sinus infection.

And then? It's warm like spring then wind-chilly like full-on winter.

My house is a wreck and even though I'm pretty sure I've said that before, it seriously is (see above about baby pulling stuff down off of stuff, press instant replay about a thousand times over).

And then? My dogs bark at the new kids next door at all hours of the day and night so that I am very extremely tempted to accidentally and possibly maliciously leave the gate open one of these days?

When I have suffered a child-induced or barking-caused wakefulness, my mind starts thinking about houses or about taking used school books to sell at Half Price Books or starting to pack up all my stuff or about going through photos and printing them and so I am pretty much sleep-starved and distracted and blah-di-blah-di-blah.

And then? I wrenched my back rolling out the big blue can in high heels, of all the stupid things in the whole wide world.

But, then suddenly February arrived full of hope and promise. First Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring, then it was a family sick day spent inside, then it was Wednesday, and then my Earrings of the Month from Darlybird came in the mail (best purchase of the year? I think so!), then we looked at a gazillion more houses (ok! three more, but still. . . ) and even though not a single one stands out, we know we'll find where we are supposed to be.

So, welcome February! (Please be nicer than January?)

[Title quote is from "UP"]

1 comment:

The Author said...

January had me crying uncle. Kid on death's door, three new tires, crashed computer that charged us $300 bones to fix and told me I had lost 1000 pages worth of work that made me sob only to find out the neighbor guy found all lost files and I cried for nothing and the are LIARS.

Oh and it is butt freaking cold and I hate this place. Tonight I got turned away from a restuarant I had already paid for because I brought my nursing infant.

February better be better or I'll walk back to AZ and live under a viaduct. It has to be better than this.

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs