Saturday, July 2, 2011

"No, of course I like you. It's because I like you I don't want to be with you. It's a complicated emotion."

You know how sometimes
you wanna just get something off your chest?
But you can't
because inevitably someone will read it
assume it's about them (and maybe it is)
and get all hurt
and who wants to air their laundry in the digital arena
anyway?

Instead,
I will tell you about my Friday.

Yesterday was supposed to be a day of fun.
Complete with water play and the whole bit.
I had the whole day off.
Until the power went out Thursday and I had to work half of Friday.

So. . . . I worked my heart out until 1:30 yesterday.
Took a bath.
Took a nap.
Had a late lunch with my home-early husband.
We hung out.
Went grocery shopping.
I made melon berry popsicles in my new Tovolo molds.
Chilled on the couch and ate apples with our muchkin.
We snuggled up as we watched his "moo-ee"
and we all went to bed way too late.

It was great!

I am looking forward to a weekend spent with family and friends.
It's going to be awesome!

(There. Not quite as cathartic as getting a thing or two off your chest,
but I don't feel like pointing that gun at anyone today.)

[Title quote is from "Finding Nemo"]

No comments:

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs