Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

If you know the title quote, you know that every parent must feel like this some time or other.

Sunday was my turn.

Too little face time.  Too much whining and crying.  Too little patience.  Too much fussing (about EVERYthing).  Too much "no".  Too much doing it anyway.  Too much yelling. 

Too much tattling on Mama to Dada ("mama made me upset because she said 'no! no! no!'") (I was sort of impressed with his dramatics.) (My only critique was that I did NOT say "NO!" in quite that harsh a tone. . .)

And then there was the episode of mommy hand slapping a toddler arm when it insisted on slamming the fridge door shut even after I blocked it three times in a desperate attempt to keep the baby sleeping in his swing. . .

Game over.

I went to bed feeling like I failed that day.

And it bled over into the next day.

I made up for it with extra squishes and kisses and face time and eye contact the next night.  And I hoped it was Better enough. 

And now the stupid dog is acting out by chewing up the diapers in the diaper pail outside.

Dude.

I can't win!

[Title quote is from "Tron: Legacy"]

No comments:

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs