Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"Let's look Death in the face and say, 'Whatever, man!'"

I am the saddest of sads about the tragic and untimely death of Google Reader.

I've been practically despondent for months.  {Simultaneous lack of posts a coincidence?  Possibly not! (Yes... let's just blame Google for that, shall we?) (rug sweeper *cough!)}

Not only does this feel like another way to force me into a smartphone (*shudder!) or into some other dark force such as Twitter (*double shudder!), it just feels a little senseless.  (Meaning: I get the business/technological aspects, but it's messin' with my blog-reading vibe, man.)

So, I have finally decided to swallow this bitter pill, but while I search for decent alternatives, let's observe a moment of silence.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Amen.

Speaking of death (awkward segue, but roll with it)... you know what feels like death?  Being awoken by a tyrant three year old at 2:30ish on most nights (mornings?) with his whispered, despotic demands.  We have intensely shushed twin (Scorpio) tantrums, trying not to wake the whole house while he whines for me to get him milk/lay with him in his bed and I whine for him to let me sleep/stay in his own bed/drink water.  It gets downright ugly in the dark around here, is what I'm saying.

What else?  Oh yes.  I am teething.  36 years old and teething.  You know what?  It sucks.  It makes me feel for my poor baby, who may also possibly be teething (but is NOT making me feel like death at 2:30, but is sleeping through the night... go team!).  Some years ago, after my first pregnancy ruined the last (?) of my baby teeth, I was crunching an almond bar and my baby tooth crunched right into the mix, falling out at long last.  The proposed repair involves braces and anchors and pulling down the adult tooth and adjacent teeth that can't handle the anchors... so I haven't done much about the hole in my smile.  Plus, I'm a 'wait and see' kinda person. [Read: lazy.]  So, that adult tooth got impatient and starting coming in on its own.  And right now?  It's throbbing.  Medical miracles sometimes hurt.  Whatever.

OK.  Sadly, that's the extent of my brain power today.

I'm spent.

Time to go watch some laundry and fold some sitcoms...

Um.

Yeah.

[Title quote is from "Lost" (TV)]

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I don't know what Google was thinking. Seriously. I briefly tried feedly and hated it. So far I'm happy with the Old Reader!

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs