Friday, July 19, 2013

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for conversation, but maybe you could just shut up for a moment?"

And now.... the retelling of a conversation with my legs:

Legs!  Legs!  Wake up!  Yes, I know it's absurdly early for a weekend.  We have children, remember?

BUT LOOK!  It's overcast outside!  So, we might be able to get a run in today without having to have woken up at 4 a.m.!

Let's get these kids changed, dressed, and fed before the Dad gets home, then we're off!

Yep!  It's only 82 degrees out!  We're SO GOING!

>>>

(bending over into a stretch - face to face with my legs): OK.  You're white.  And hairy.  But you can do this.

Here we go.... OK ok.  So you're a little slappy at the back.  I don't know for sure, but that might be from too much sitting. 

BUT do you REMEMBER this?  Running!  And feeling strong?

And a little out-of-habit?  Yes.  No worries we'll take it slow: Head is killing me right now.  (Alas, barometric pressure giveth; barometric pressure taketh away...)

Uh oh.  The sun is breaking from the clouds.  That probably means only 2 miles instead of 3...

HEY!  Don't act so happy.

Also? Turn left.

Ugh.  I know: Sun.

Don't complain too much.  See all those cars?  You could be Teacher Legs and be stuck in-service inside, not running at all.

OK.  Chemical Brothers is on.... let's do this!

Gaga.  Keep going!

Aren't you glad we got Hair cut?  I am too!  So much less for us to carry.

aaaaannnnndddd..... Finished!  We did it!

[Title quote is from "The Fifth Element"]

No comments:

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs