Sunday, December 16, 2007

"Vacation's when you go somewhere... and you never come back."

Oh, don't I wish that were true!

We're Ba-ack!!! We had a wonderful time and were very blessed to be able to go.

Frequent repititions of the following were heard issuing from my mouth: "It's SO pretty!" (about 150 times), "Oh wow! Look at that!" (about 50 times), "I can't believe how green/blue/colorful it is!" (approximately 25 times).

Before you go and hate us too much, the trade-off is essentially the absence of Christmas at our house. Plus, M will likely be laid off in the next few weeks. Woohoo!!

Pics will probably show up sooner or later. But I have to go unpack now. I told M I'd do that if he picked up the dogs from Jon's, but so far all I've been doing is blogging. (Thanks J & K for watching our mangey mutts!)

[Title quote is from "Forrest Gump"]

6 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

YAY! I also bet you were making up delightful blog posts in your head about every 5 minutes too.

Nichole said...

Actually, I wasn't. I didn't check e-mail for a week, didn't carry my cell with me - totally checked out. I didn't think about blogging until yesterday. Weird, huh?

Jen said...

glad you are back, glad it was colorful, glad it was beautiful, sooo soooo sooo sad about m and his job. we need to catch up! let's get together!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole, thanks for the basalt sand. That's the coolest geology present anyone has ever given me. You two rock! Is there a specific beach that you got it from?

Kristine said...

I just wanna state for the record that you come up with the BEST headings to your posts. I could never think of all those cool quotes. It just amazes me!

Oh and where did you go on your Vacation? I don't think that was ever answered.

Nichole said...

Jon - Punalu'u Black Sand Beach is where that sand came from. And that we "rock" is a cool little geology pun - love it!

Kristine - thanks for the compliment. there's not a lot to it, but I do have my little secrets on how I do it. the answer to the million dollar question is: Hawaii

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs