It was an "ah ha" moment. I had found the path. Whenever we wanted to look at something, we'd get off the path and go and look at whatever-it-was. And then we made sure we got back on the path. As we went through the store and repeated this process many many times (IKEA has lots and lots of cool stuff), I began to ponder a likeness to another path.
I decided that the IKEA path is kind of like the "strait and narrow path": the path is windy, it has countless things on every side to see and experience, we can stop and hang out for a while taking in the scene, but in order to "see everything" and do what we need to do in life, we have to get back on the path and keep walking.
Oh, extra bonus from the trip: we had a great time and didn't buy a darned thing!
[Title quote is from "The Emperor's New Groove"]
5 comments:
Okay first I like your analogy and second how did you manage to not buy anything? you are impressive! I always have to buy something when i am there! Way to go!!
You must have oodles of self-control. I would have at least bought something.... That's why I can't go there. I'm not good at "looking"
I'm surprised you were able to find your way back to the path. Katherine and I tried to do a walk-thru of IKEA too and became incredibly lost. I'm glad you had a good time though.
Nice analogy. See what happens when you stay on the path? You come out with your bank account in-tact!
I love that you can connect IKEA (one of my fav things) to the gospel (my all time fav thing) And again love the title. How do you ever think of all those ... amazes me every time!
Post a Comment