For the first time ever
listened carefully to the echoes of rifle reports
so as to avoid getting shot by nearby hunters
heard and saw lots of other tree cutters
laughed at the dogs
and picked out a tree
so as to avoid getting shot by nearby hunters
heard and saw lots of other tree cutters
laughed at the dogs
which M made short work of cutting down
then he got a little more practice
and carted it home, where we unwrapped it
and were a little overwhelmed.
They weren't kidding when they said
Nothing a little cutting and trimming won't fix, right?
Right!
Sort of.
I think I'm gonna need more lights. and ribbons. and bulbs. . .
which is why it's still not decorated
{note to self: insert picture of ginormous, decorated tree here}
which is why it's still not decorated
{note to self: insert picture of ginormous, decorated tree here}
[Title quote is from "Christmas Vacation"]
5 comments:
oh THAT is too funny! We had one too many Grizwald Christmases before we switched to a fake one, pre-lit. Not as cool but the best thing I ever did.
Good luck with the decorating! At least it will smell wonderful while you are tackling the decorating portion.
I LOVE big trees though. They're just nice.
Hahahaha! I love how you chronicled the WHOLE day- with pictures, no less! Can't wait to see it when it's done. Oh, and I love your new profile picture.
I love it!! I think tree hunting is the best!
Post a Comment