15 years ago today M and I went on our very first date. It was the strangest, funnest, most crazy first date ever. . . complete with reckless driving at high speeds, the drama of jilted love, and the stirrings of teen infatuation. . . pretty typical for two high school teenagers, I guess. We were on a double date. Sort of. We were with one of M's friends, who was with (but not
with) the ex-girlfriend of another friend trying to smooth things over or heal a broken heart or some such nonsense.
We went and saw Ace Ventura at the dollar theater. How romantic, I know.
When we held hands in the back seat of Joe's bug, it was electric and I think we both knew we were in for something exciting. How unsuspecting we were - who could know then that we'd end up traveling this wonderful winding road together. . . and love and laugh and live so much?
[Title quote is from "Love Actually"]
1 comment:
Beautiful. When things get rough-it's always best to go back to the beginning, huh?
Post a Comment