I've changed things around.
Actually, I went to MomBabe (aka Caroline B) and begged her like this:
"Hey! Love what you did with Sue's digs! For a while now, I've been secretly blurking designers' sites for blogs I like, but I have trust issues. Then, voila, you pop up with your designs and I think to myself "yea! you KNOW this person!"
Then I thought about contacting you and begging for a deal. You know: "what can you do for a friend-slash-former-neighbor-slash-person-who-didn't-even-know-you-did-this-sort-of-thing-for-cash?" and hoping you'd overlook that last item the way Monica did with Rachel on Friends. I could always plead fatigue-induced insanity. Or cite that I've been under a rock caring for my new baby. . .
My lapse of paying attention aside, and in all seriousness, do you think you could work with me? My blog needs a makeover! And a pretty one, stat!"
She was all "I could definitely help you out. Go here and fill out the contact form so that I have a good starting point, m'kay?"
Then, she whipped up a wonder in like no-time-flat and asked me what I thought. And I was all "I know nothing of blog design and bow to you, oh holy blog designer. . .
I asked for second opinions. “The car is throwing me off”, they said. “It needs more colors. And also flowers. And maybe some bird silhouettes” they said. Can we maybe do a mini-me caricature leaning next to that cool sign instead of the car? Or some flowers or birds?
Because I know nothing of blog design, and duly told them so, I don’t know how much time and energy you’ve already dedicated to making my blog fabulous. And since I came to you begging, I don’t want to nitpick."
And she was all "Okay, car is gone. girl and birds have been inserted."
And then I asked her to change the background color and she did and my fans and critics (aka second-opinioners) were all "I like it so much!"
So, if you're looking for someone to haul over your blog and make it fabulous, you should go to her site, take a look around and get her button! Better yet, hire her to make your blog fabulous, too! Because, really, the world could use more pretty blogs!
[Title quote is from "The Perfect Man"]
1 comment:
sorry i didnt' respond to ur email but i like the new design... minus the car was a good idea.
Post a Comment