The other day, my facebook status read "Is it Friday yet? Is it September yet? Is it 2010 yet?".
Immediately after typing that, I thought "What is with me!?"
Because the thing is, I was trying really hard to wait patiently. For Friday and the reprieve of a day off. For September and the promise both of new job offers (for M) and new fall shows (for me). For 2012 and the hope of different priorities and a new president and maybe even being in the pudding club again.
And August - with its long, hot days and stormy, cranky nights - torments wildly.
We are in a staring contest, August and I, each waiting for the other's next move - wondering who will cave and blink first. I am sure to lose.
August is, after all, a long month. Particularly with its "write everyday!" and "no sugar!" manifestos holstered on either hip like firearms at the ready, to be pointed and aimed at me as August chooses.
I am, after all, August's prisoner.
[Title quote is from "I Love Lucy" (Today is Lucille Ball's 100th birthday! Totally didn't plan that.)]
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment