Sunday, January 18, 2009

"I think you’re a bad witch! I bet the house that falls on you is gonna be a sexy house."

There's a reason vanity is the first cousin of one of the seven deadly sins. I'm not quite sure what it is (perhaps their mothers were related?) but I'm sure there's a good reason.

Forewarning, maybe?

Foresight? I mean, look around. The rising generations (and a few of my own generation) are rife with shameless self-promoters. The worst kind of vanity, in my not so humble opinion. . . which is why my blog will probably never be famous.

Look! Even this article Pronoun of the Moment: Me! agrees with me. (So there.)

But hey, I'm not here to bash. I simply ask: can you really not find something else to talk about for a while? Or at least learn to talk about it in a less negative, less boring or less look-at-me-I-am-Über-hawt -so-you're-gonna-dig-me-no-seriously-people-really-love-me way?

Your story + a little social commentary, maybe? (I love rhetoric, you know.)

Tiny life moments + a big stage, maybe? (I love micro-studies, you know.)

Personal experience + illumination of a larger issue? (I love creative nonfiction, you know.)

No? "Bitter is the new black?" Ya-awn!

"The Age of Me is the new pink?" Oh, I'm soooo over it.

Delete!

[Title quote is from "The House Bunny"]
 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs