Thursday, February 18, 2010

"I thought maybe we could make ginger bread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands."

Figure skating is one of only three sports I can name in the winter olympics (the other two being the luge and skiing). I remember especially watching during the 1994 games. You know - that whole mess with Kerrigan and Harding and little Oksana Baiul coming up from behind.

I've always been a latecomer and recently became a student of all things Johnny Weir.

It happened one day when I was bored and curious about this show called Be Good Johnny Weir on the Sundance Channel. I clicked on and was hooked.

Just who is Johnny Weir? Look here. And here. Oh, and here!

I can't quite explain it. . . I just like him. I like his show. And I love to watch him skate.

2010 Winter Olympics short program (not the best video quality, but a fantastic performance):



Sundance Channel commercial:



P.S. His free skate is tonight!

[Title quote is from "Elf"]

No comments:

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs