Sometimes, it's someone we know and they have something great happen and I tell him "hey did you know (fill in the blank) about (random person from our past)?" Sometimes, it's someone we know and they're having a trial and I read about it to him, and he'll express his sympathy talk about how he feels for them. I think he's catching on.
Even so, a few months back he asked me "Why do you like to read all these people's blogs? What do you get out of it?" Surprisingly, I had a very ready answer that went something like:
~it's nice to see what people we know are up to~
~sometimes, someone's going through something in their life and I can really relate with it~
~I like hearing different perspectives and learning from them~
Or something (hopefully) more eloquent than that.
One such person will come as no surprise to him, or to any of you. And I know I'm not the only one. But I've had to sit down and articulate it for myself. . . and share it with all of you. (P.S. Did you hear? Nie is now in Utah with her family! I feel her loss from Arizona already. Is that possible?)
Lessons I've Learned from Nie.
~Your sisters really are your best friends~
~You can pack heat and still be graceful~
~Sometimes you should write love letters to your spouse. And your kids. And anyone you love~
~Manners are not dead~
~Neither are red lipstick or aprons~
~A woman CAN be truly and blissfully happy being a mother~
~It's OK to like your hubby's birthday suit. And to say so on your blog~
~"Housewife" doesn't need a "just a" qualifier. And it doesn't have to be a boring "job"~
~Just because you're a mommy and a daddy doesn't mean you can't also be madly in love~
~Life is colorful! And color comes in many forms: shoes, skirts, bowls, snapshots. . . ~
~Strong, centered women come in all sorts of packages~
~Enjoy LIFE every day~
[Title quote is from "The Fifth Element"]
1 comment:
Thanks Nichole! I really thought this post was beautiful. I too love learning from others. It inspires me. It really helps me to recognize more fully my purposes here. I hope you are healing and recovering quickly. I miss ya!
Post a Comment