It's Saturday morning.
I wake up and realize my husband "let me sleep" when he left for an early-morning fishing trip. Which means he did not kiss me goodbye. And he has no cell reception for me to be able to make him feel guilty about it.
I put on my Big Band CD instead of the TV, in hopes that I'll not get stuck on the couch and that I'll clean instead. I get stuck on the couch blogging and listening to the music instead.
I finally feed the dogs. I scald the milk I'm heating for Cream of Wheat to feed myself. I decide "scald" is a nice way of saying I burned it. I ate it anyway.
I see that M re-covered the small loaf of pumpkin bread my visiting teachers left on our front porch for me, remember that I had left it uncovered, and I smile that he did this small thing for me.
I nominate myself for a spotlight over at Mormon Mommy Blogs. Because I need a push.
I laugh my head off at a very funny birth story I found online. Tears and everything.
I feel a little sad that I'm 32. Tears and everything. (Where did that even come from!?)
I start making a mental list of things I'm thankful for so I can do a "Thanksgiving" post.
I blog a little blog about my day so far and decide I have to turn this Big Band CD off, get something a little more. . . frenetic, and get my rear off this loveseat (though I do love the propped up feet at the end of it) and start cleaning my house.
[Title quote is from "Spanglish"]
1 comment:
that was a very funny birth story. So is your house clean? wanna come do mine?
Post a Comment