Thursday, January 10, 2008

"You should be writing! Not fighting cellulite!"


I have the words from a Foo Fighters song that goes "this is a call to all my past resignations, this is a call to all". . .

Because THIS IS A CALL TO ALL. . . all those who want to write, love to write, live to write, die to write and are just looking for a place to do it - away from their "private" or family blog. A dedicated writing place. "A Room of Your Own" if you will.

I'm giving serious consideration to organizing a writing blog with multiple contributors/writers/moderators. I envision this group will be loosely based on the principles found in a book called Writing & Being by G. Lynn Nelson. I took a class with Lynn in 2005 and led a group of my own in 2006. (You can find out more about the book, and even preview it here.)

Essentially, the writing is topic driven and journal based, and each writer takes stories from their own journals, refines them, and "publishes" them to the blog/group. I can define the process in more depth at another place/time for those who want to know.

If you're at all interested, or know someone who might be, please don't hesitate to contact me as soon as possible for more information.

Unsure about it? Consider this quote by James Michener: "I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotions." Sound like you? Then contact me and we'll go from there.

[Title quote is from "Music & Lyrics"]

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I wanna do it.

trina said...

i think i wanna do it(?) call me and let me know more about it.

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs