Monday, March 17, 2008

"You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries. They only asked one question after a man died: 'Did he have passion?'."

And now, to illustrate how crappy the latter half of last week was for me, here's an excerpt from my journal:

Nichole, 31, died Thursday of causes incident to age.

Though an autopsy is still pending, those closest to her suspect that becoming a grown up was a contributing factor, and that her brain eventually gave out from thinking too much.

Her family warns others of similar dangers, saying "no one should take themselves that seriously! It's just not worth the strain of worrying. What a tragic waste! We'll miss her dearly."


[Title quote is from "Serendipity"]

5 comments:

Jen said...

can i tell you how glad i am that you didn't really die! cuz i still have a raincheck on our postponed hang out session!!

Jonathan & Katherine Earl said...

My dad always claimed I was born a grown-up, so I guess I have always taken myself too seriously. I hope you recover quickly because everyone around you sure likes your sense of humor and your smile. By the way, I love Serindipity1 I think we saw it with you in the theater. Have a good day today!

Jonathan & Katherine Earl said...

I have a two-year old you can borrow who will lighten your mood very quickly. It is hard to take yourself too seriously when he is busy trying to see you "bebby" (belly) or stick his finger in your ear or eye while naming the body parts. Last night he was busy grinning from ear to ear while wearing one of Jonathan's mission ties. He's also good for getting hugs whenever you're in need of one.

The MomBabe said...

phew. So glad I never grew up. Sounds awful.

Cindy said...

Because I'm grumpy and want to commiserate, here's a song about dying.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EExtKyvOhC8

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs