Sunday, March 16, 2008

"It's real nice, I got it at Target. It was on sale."

FREE TO GOOD HOME:








I'm on page 117 of this disappointing follow-up novel from Christina Schwarz. She has failed to deliver the carrot-dangling promise of a mid-life crisis somewhere in the plot. I was really looking forward to that. You know, since I'm having a couple of mini-midlife crises of my own about twice a month. It'd be nice to commiserate. Or laugh at someone's worse case of misery and doubt. No such luck. I'm still trying to decide if I even want to wade through the rest of the book. Too bad I pegged this poor author into a genre based solely on her first novel. And too bad her second one doesn't follow through.

WANTED:









Though I have a bad taste in my mouth for her alter-ego Madeleine Wickham (see this post), I'm excited to read this new one by Kinsella. It's on my list. If I decide to chuck the book above, this one's next on the list. I just ♥ Sophie K!! Can't wait for the movie version of Confessions of a Shopaholic! I love the thought of Isla Fisher as Becky, though I'm not so sure about Hugh Dancy as Luke. Guess we'll see.

[Title quote is from "Talledega Nights"]

4 comments:

The MomBabe said...

Ooh, I saw a still from the shoot of the Shopaholic movie and I can tell you already that I'm going to LOVE it.

Jen said...

i hate when a book disappoints! aaahhhh. i have to say i didn't know there was going to be a shopaholic movie! can we say girls night?!!

Trina said...

i luv luv luv hugh dancy, he's hot- but isnt this type casting (can we say bridget jones)?

Trina said...

don't know what the crap i was thinkin! that's colin firth!! i know hugh dancy is the one w/ calire danes and he's much hotter!!

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs