Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Then they all started hitting me with sticks, yelling "Piñata! Piñata!" What the hell is a piñata, anyway?"

We were watching that show "17 Kids and Counting" (or some such title) for a few minutes this evening.

I was SO impressed that one of those J-children made a robot piñata and placed individually packaged bags of candy with each child's name on it so that everything was fair and so there wasn't a mad scramble to get the goods.

What a great idea!

'Cuz . . . um . . . the last piñata I watched be torn open by the swift blows of ye old baseball bat ended up like this:

I'm the blonde one

I think this was the adult piñata. And we still acted like children.

M had plenty of piñata memories too. Like the time his 3rd grade teacher brought a piñata to class. It was M's turn up to bat. He broke something loose and someone called out "Look! Candy!" and some poor, innocent 3rd grader went running. M heard the sound and, thinking it was the piñata coming back around for another beating, took a swing.

Happily thinking he had just busted it open with that final blow, he pulled the bandana up over one eye to view the carnage. And carnage there was. One of his classmates was sprawled out on the floor, clutching his back and crying "My back! My back!"

M went home and told his brother "See! I told you I'm good at baseball! Now do you believe me?"

He giggled about this memory for a good 20 minutes. His wife, on the other hand, thinks he was a meanie of a 3rd grader.

[Title quote is from "Shrek 2"]

2 comments:

Trina said...

UR SOO FUNNY! I MISSED READING UR BLOGS! I LUV THEM! (AND U TOO)

Kristine said...

that is soo funny. Boys are pretty mean, though... Funny but mean.

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs