Saturday, June 20, 2009

"You’re like a supermodel, except more pregnant."

Although I have managed to recapture some of my Super Woman ways – picture a whirlwind of arms and legs getting dinner, doing dishes, feeding dogs, going grocery shopping, putting groceries away, doing laundry, helping with homework, packing M’s lunch, all inside of one evening – I realize it is a phenomenon which will once again go into hiding. And I still have so much to do.

Hopefully, I can do it while I'm still feeling good and semi un-huge-ish. It seems this baby and I have reached a state of symbiosis. . . a fragile and very temporary state, since his kicks are getting more and more noticeable and my belly is growing larger by the day. (Note to self: only 1 more month in the 2nd trimester. . . Get stuff done!)

For the curious and querying
Here I am. 20 weeks.

This is the only belly picture I have taken so far, and certainly will be the only one I post here. Aren’t you lucky.

I’ve decided that I will absolutely require the following if I am to survive this pregnant summer:

Water

Dreyer's Lemonade Whole Fruit popsicles

Watermelon

Apples and peanut butter

Maternity swimsuit

Fans

Air conditioning

The beach

My own personal Super Man

Yup. That about covers it.

[Title quote is from "The House Bunny"]

5 comments:

Jen said...

awe so cute! I love prego bellies! (unless it is mine then it isn't cute at all!!!)
If you find that personal superman can you clone him so I can have one too?

Miranda said...

It seems like forever since I've seen you because you look so different! But in a good way.

Kristine said...

LOVE the Fruit bars!!! Seriously one of my favs... and you look great. I'm so happy for you.

Miranda said...

I just read your baby blog and have to say that I am SO pro- natural. I'm glad I had Matthew naturally and was able to experience the whole thing. There is 1 option that they have if you go past the 'epidural window' and want some pain management, so ask about that!

Michelle said...

You're way too cute! :)

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs