Friday, November 27, 2009

"Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to show up late to a lecture on the efficient use of time?"

I am standing at my sink,
pinching and twisting the tops off of 2 pounds of green beans with a satisfying snap.

I am worrying, as I tend to when I suspect I will be running late, about time.

And then, I look to my right and see my baby, nestled in the Boppy pillow, sleeping on the couch.

To my right, fresh air wafts in my kitchen window, carrying with it the tinkling sound of the wind chime hanging from my back patio.

Time?

Suddenly stands still

It's Thanksgiving
and in that small moment standing by my sink, snapping beans,
I find myself sublimely grateful for my life
for its fullness
and all the blessings I enjoy.

Thank You
Thank You

is my silent prayer

[Title quote is from "Chaos Theory"]

No comments:

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs