Sunday, May 9, 2010

"It's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart."

my first
Mother's Day
as a mother. . .

i've tried to pen (pin?)
the deepness of this river
many times

each time,
my eyes well up
at the trying

like now,
with my baby
at my right,
banging toys
around his high chair

his pink, chubbery
cheeks begging
for some kissing

i've concluded
this river's just
too deep

so, since i am
lost for words
today
i'll share the words of
days past

i've thought on this
a while

and can think of no other way
to celebrate today
than making public
my journey into mothering

i am
completely smothered

is all i can say

(p.s. give this song a listen
bet it makes you cry
it does me
every time)

[Title quote is from "O Brother, Where Art Thou"]
 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs