Friday, January 28, 2011

"He's so talented, don't you think? I just love him... he's so sexy..."

Half my life ago (i.e. circa January 1994), I walked into a high school classroom and soon spied with my little green eye a boy. A black-haired skinny boy. Oh but was he cute! And even this morning, the siren call of a Volkswagen bug’s exhaust in the distance launches a reverie of all the times I heard that skinny, black-haired boy’s bug zooming around the neighborhood, coming my way! Oh but we were so young and carefree and foolish and fun!

Half my life later, even if we aren’t so young or carefree anymore, even if we’re a bit wiser and we fall asleep on the couch by 9:30 on Friday nights. . . . that skinny, black-haired boy is now a slender, black (and silver!) haired man who can still make my heart go pitter patt and is still my bestest friend in the whole world!

[Title quote is from "The Fifth Element"]

2 comments:

Jen said...

ah!! i love it!

Danielle said...

No way! Love it. My sister married her junior high crush as well. I always thought that was incredibly romantic. :)

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs