Thursday, January 6, 2011

"I did not achieve this position in life by having some snot-nosed punk leave my cheese out in the wind."

Oy vey. What a bipolar day. It's good; it's bad; it's not sure!

All I wanted to do was take my kid out for a nice picnic lunch at the park. Is that too much to ask for?

Instead, I get yelled at for driving near some buses after the HS let out!

"Hey! HEY! You can't drive here!"
"I'm sorry I didn't know." (Not a single sign posted.)
"Um, yeah. You driving through those kids? That coulda been . . . that was really unsafe what you did." (Honestly lady!? I was driving like 2 mph and they're HIGH SCHOOLERS for dying out loud, not elementary kids! They saw me coming! They KNOW by now how to avoid getting hit!)
"So, what do I need to do? Stay put and not move until all the buses clear?"
"Yes, which should be in about . . . 4 minutes."
"OK." (Sheeesh. Just trying to take my kid to the local PUBLIC park over there!)
[face burning, I proceed to transmit rapid-fire text messages about the ridiculousness of it all]

Also?

It's always nice to be waiting in traffic trying to get out of a parking lot and there's that one person who doesn't want to obey the "you go, I go" etiquette, believing that if she turns her music up really loudly and carefully avoids making eye contact with me that she can play deaf, dumb AND blind.

So, a single word to sum up my day today?

"B*TCHES!"

[Title quote is from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"]

No comments:

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs