Thursday, November 15, 2012

"If you think about it, your favorite memories, the most important moments in your life... were you alone? Life's better with company."

So.  Life is moving by at breakneck speed.  (Dude.  Thanksgiving is in a week!)  This life pace is giving me anxiety.  And a special brand of guilt complex.  The mom kind, wherein I am anxious over not kissing on my baby enough and staring at and memorizing his chubby face and getting my face close enough to his so that he can put his little hand out and touch my cheek (oh!  that is my favorite!).  Also wherein the "momma/mommy" phase has passed into a grown-up-three-year-old "mom" and my heart aches over what's around the corner (what!? no more sitting on my lap?  no more pretending not to want my kisses, but secretly loving them?  no more pre-sleep snuggles? OH MY HEART!  it breaks! it breaks!)

That's a special sort of sickness right there.  The culprits?  Too much Facebook?  Possibly.  Too much screen time and too little face time? Sure.

In short, I have anxiety over not enjoying this period in their (and thus my) life as much as I possibly can.  I need to squeeze the juices out of this time of our lives and then sit/play/wallow around in those juices until I'm downright wrinkly and worn out! 
SO?

So, I devised what I've come to call "The Gratitude Project".  It goes a little something like this. . .

The Gratitude Project:  to more fully live each day in thanks giving. . .
November 15 - November 22, 2012 (and beyond?)

~ no internet when kids or husband are in the room (give them my undivided attention)
~ ponder and write about one blessing every day (explore blessings in order to more fully understand and appreciate them)
~ prayers of gratitude (not asking for a single thing)

See you on the other side!

[Title quote is from "Up in the Air"]

No comments:

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs