Sunday, October 28, 2007

"Peligro es mi nombre medio."

I'm now 31. Don't worry, I know how shocking and just a little crazy that is. But, last week a coworker thought I was only 26! YES!

I'm not huge on being the center of attention, and really really don't buy into the whole "the only way to tell someone you love them is to buy them something" mantra that advertisers like to pull on holidays like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, or even Christmas. I like getting attention and gifts, sure, but not necessarily as much as the next guy. My b-days are no exception. I expect very little, and even then only from my closest family. (They're great at their small job, though!)

In honor of my day, here's a little about me. I don't know how much of it is true. (And no, "Danger" is not really my middle name!) And even though it's a little out of character for me, I've already told M what I want for my b-day next year, though. Everyone gets only 1 guess what it is. In the meantime, happy reading:

Your Birthdate: October 27



You are a spiritual soul - a person who tries to find meaning in everything. You spend a good amount of time meditating, trying to figure out life. Helping others is also important to you. You enjoy social activities with that goal. You are very generous and giving. Yet you expect very little in return.
Your strength: Getting along with anyone and everyone
Your weakness: Needing a good amount of downtime to recharge
Your power color: Cobalt blue
Your power symbol: Dove
Your power month: September


[Title quote is from "Ocean's Thirteen"]

4 comments:

Caroline said...

ummm, only one guess? You have to at least give us some hints. . . Is it something that takes awhile to bake???

Jen said...

well happy b-day! when was it? what a good friend am i?!! i wish i was "not all about the gifts" but i totally am,I love presents! I just recently discovered that is my "love language" (great book by the way!) and I am not liking that, it makes me feel materialistic which I am not, but if Eliott brings me home a surprise (yes I am a little kid!) then that means sooooo much to me. anyway this is all about you! Happy b-day

Jonathan & Katherine Earl said...

Happy B-Day Chole and thanks for letting Mike come play softball the other night. You are so special, and I'm confident I know exactly what it is you want for your 32nd birthday. If you're intrigued give me a call.

Nichole said...

I get where you were going with that Caroline . . . and all I can say is that familial minds must think alike. The prize goes to Jon, who called me and nailed it right on (and cracked me up with suggestions for setting a musical mood [i.e smooth jazz]. . . )

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs