Monday, December 17, 2007

"Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times, and if at any point you become disoriented, there's nothin' we can do about it."

Today, I'm feeling a little lost. I've lost all sense of time, place, and history. I've had trouble remembering what month it is, how old I am, what my plans for the immediate future have been, what I'm supposed to be doing. It all started on vacation. I lost track of days of the week, days of the month. Rarely did I know what time it was, except when we were in the car or I asked M.

So, today, we're back and driving around, and I forget where I am, what age I am, where I'm supposed to be, and have the oddest and most disorienting sense of surreality I've ever experienced.

Small snippets of my true reality come creeping back to me, and hopefully by the end of the week, it'll all be right as rain (by the way, in my book, there's not a lot that's right about the rain...).

But, then, it'll be Christmas - which total break in the normal, daily routine associated therewith will probably set off the surreal feelings all over again.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be reoriented and back to as normal a state of mind as I can muster by mid-January. Let's hope, anyway.

[Title quote is from "Men in Black II"]

2 comments:

trina said...

i think that ur mind has been on or needed a longer vaca than u actually took!! just wait till fam drama starts again and then you'll wish u were really still on vaca!!

Caroline said...

Reality is overrated. Day dream your heart out. Life's better that way.

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs