Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is."

Things I'm pondering today:

~ I hate sweat. Particularly that yucky between the breasts sweat. (Sorry dudes!)

~ I think 2008 will go down as the official death of cheap travel. Seriously. It's like several hundred dollars to fly from Phx to L.A. Remember the $39 each way fares? Yeah. Me, too.

~ I wonder if I was the ex-wife of someone who left me for, say, Tori Spelling whether or not I'd watch them on TV. Seriously, who else gets that kind of opportunity to spy on their ex?

~ I love TiVo if for nothing else but that I get to rewind the commercials I've just fast-fowarded through so that I can watch previews for "The House Bunny" and "Tropic Thunder" over and over and over again. And realize that I probably just watched the funniest parts of the entire movie in just over 30 seconds.

~ I wonder if the toilet seat in our office bathroom gets cleaned regularly. Because AZ heat + leather chairs = sweaty butts and I just don't like anyone from my work that much.

~ Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the Olympics?? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's rad that Mikey Phelps is the bomb with his magic 10 and all, but still. . . I'm not really into it this year. Or since like 1996, really. Athletic prowess and all that, sure. But who the crap wants to tape their injuries and hear the commentators say "ooh. she'll feel that tomorrow"?

~ Why does my hub insist on eating ice cream? If you know me you know it's kinda my only food weakness. Well, that and cake. I realize it's the summer treat ala Americana. But, I'm kinda running at least 3 miles a day here trying to lose weight!

~ So, Spiderman and Superman have special powers. Does that mean Batman is a self-made hero? If so, does that mean Bruce Wayne officially one-upped his dad?

[Title quote is from that lovely cult classic "Zoolander" (and yes it is a cult classic!)]

4 comments:

Jonathan & Katherine Earl said...

Very interesting "food" for thought! I agree with you about not liking sweat; that ties into my not liking to exercise because physical exertion (especially in summer) leads to sweating. My constant thought lately has been, "why does my son have to literally sit on top of me all day long when there are lots of other, more comfy, spots to choose?" He is a real wiggler, so it's not very comfortable for anyone involved. --Katherine

Trina said...

i sooo love the tori spelling show, eh on the olympics and ewww for the butt and boob sweat... also you have ~too much (clap, clap) time on your hands~! (that was me singing the song btw)

Jen said...

so agree w/ you on the boob sweat thing! So gross! w/ you on the olympic thing too. Except whoever you talked about I know nothing about. that is how not into the olympics i am. Sure if it is on I might catch a little gymnastics, cuz let's face it it is impressive, but other than that. eh. and seriously what did happen to the $39 thing? what is this world coming to?

Lisa said...

I'm with you on the olympics. I take all kinds of flack from my hubby and friends who can't believe I haven't watched any of it. Sorry Bejing, I'm just not that into you.

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs