Monday, October 5, 2009

"Do you think if we came back here for a our tenth anniversary, it would be free?"

For our 10th anniversary, since I'm lately pregnant and since we technically went to Europe late last year for our 10th anniversary, we stayed local. We visited Sedona and had a great time.

We stayed at The Lodge at Sedona. The location was beautiful and the breakfasts were delicious!

I spent some time writing in my journal - in the dappled light on Oak Creek Canyon.

The leaves are starting to turn color. . .


M fished on Oak Creek, but didn't have any luck.

This is an oak surrounded by a holly tree up in the arch we hiked up to.


We hiked up from Fay Canyon to this arch:

and we had to follow cairns to get there, which I'd never done before

We ended up having to rush down the mountain because M's watch said 3:30 and we were due at our room for an in-suite massage at 4:00. I thought for sure I'd go into pre-term labor rushing down that mountain and down the trail out of the canyon.

Turns out M's watch really read 13:30 (he didn't see the 1)! Since we were "early" we stopped and had some lunch before heading back for our massages. My massage made my swollen feet and ankles look almost normal:

Here we are, swathed in the red hues of the rocks under the arch:
It really is a beautiful town. . .
good thing everything closes by 8:00 p.m. and they have so many stupid roundabouts

or I might have had to move there. . .

[Title quote is from "Dirty Dancing"]

1 comment:

Jen said...

holy smokes that is alot of hiking for a prego girl. it makes me tired thinking of it. and hooray for massages that make your swollen feet look almost normal! You look great! I am glad you had a good time!!

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs