Thursday, May 6, 2010

"I love those moments. I like to wave to them as they pass by."

“It won’t always be like this. . . .”

Words I find me telling myself often lately. Some days they make me sigh with relief. Some days they make my eyes well up with tenderness.

Days like the one when I slept in 10-minute increments from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m., when I got up and changed a wakeful baby, who proceeded to pee all over himself and my bed.

Days like the one when at 7:00 a.m., I was stuffing my peed on sheets and other sundry laundry into the washing machine, feeling the heavy tiredness clinging to my body.

Days like the one when I felt soooo not fit and my belly still felt a little hangy and stretched and those last 9 pounds of pre-pregnancy weight were not sitting well, and going for a run didn’t even make the cut on the final “to do list”.

Days like the one when I turned the last corner before arriving at work and suddenly, with simultaneous alarm and panic, thought “did I wear this shirt to work yesterday?!” and then stood by while my tired brain figured it out.

Days like the one when the sweetest sight is that boy’s smile, his still-toothless gums peeking out beneath lips persistent in their duty of forming sounds, and the sweetest touch is the softness of his cheeks against my lips as I nuzzle him there in the half light of the morning.


[Title quote is from "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl"]

No comments:

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs