Sunday, March 13, 2011

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food."

Yeah, so that whole not carb (or tech) loading on the weekend thing?

Famous Last Words, indeed.

I had my hearty share of both this weekend. Getting sidetracked by all the boredom and quiet, I ate. Getting tempted by newly found digital "freedom", I surfed the net. Craving something unsweet and TV-like, I watched some Arrested Development circa season 2.

The result? Total carb loading and WAY more than 5 total hours.

But also? Some nice moments too. And several reasonable meals negated by mass amounts of ice cream and cake; a nice meal of salmon, rice and salad effectively undone by braided cinnamon pastry.

My goals for next week? Consult the ample "to-do" list for things to do other than eat. Do just as good on the weekends as I do on the weekdays.

And no sugary desserts this week. . . .

[Title quote is from "Finding Nemo"]

No comments:

 
© Copyright 2010. Scorpion Sojourn. All Rights Reserved.
Blog Design by Caroline B. Designs